Monday, July 5, 2010

Fallen Soldier

We have the blessing of living in a house that came with lots of trees and shrubs that we didn't have to buy! :)  One of my favorite of all of them (second only to the dogwoods and lilacs) is the huge apple tree in the back yard that takes up a good portion of our yard.  It gives us lots of shade and apples (that we never use...) and it's really just beautiful.

Well. A limb fell.  I was so sad! It's not like the whole tree fell or anything, but it's still depressing to see a huge part of it on the ground.  The only members of our family that didn't seem upset were the cats.  They had a TON of fun making it into their temporary jungle gym.

 Can't you hear Taps playing in the background?

The new playground

Do work, son!
My burly lumberjack husband :)

Don't worry, I made him trim up his beard.  Well, he decided to do it, and I certainly didn't argue! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...