Saturday, January 21, 2012

Did you know

I'm not sure if any of you are aware, but I'm crazy.  I don't think Brandon is going to have me committed anytime soon, but I'm pretty crazy.
And I'm crazy about a few things, and that crazyness is pretty intense.
Namely -
Harry Potter
Batman
Doctor Who
Organization
My felines
Brandon
Pictures
Christmas Ornaments

Now, that doesn't mean that all I do is think about these things 24/7, but I'm crazy when it comes to these things. I won't go into detail about all of them, but this post is going to be about Christmas Ornaments and Pictures.

I LOVE Christmas Ornaments. Love love love them.  Since I can remember my mom has always gotten me Hallmark ornaments for Christmas and I have quite the collection. And I am obsessed with taking pictures and documenting everything in my life. So. This year, I decided that it would be a brilliant idea to take pictures of every ornament that I have. *sigh* Yeah.
Well, I did it. After trying for hours to take pictures of them with my camera and finally giving up because there were all blurry or washed out, I finally asked to borrow my Mother-in-law's camera and spent a good solid hour making sure I had gotten every single one (but of-course I still missed about 8).
But then...I couldn't take down the ornaments yet because Brandon and I hadn't taken our family Christmas photo. Every year we take a picture of us by the tree as well as a picture of the cats and us by the tree (which is -always- a disaster...4 cats + 2 people + a self-timing camera doesn't always equal a good time). And we have to look pretty for the picture, of-course, which is pretty much just Sundays, because that's the only time we're simultaneously pretty. Long story short, we decided that today was the day we were going to take the picture and uncharacteristically got dressed up on a weekday and FINALLY took our picture.

I love Brandon's face in the one with the cats, lol.

Anyway, that brings us to taking down the Christmas ornaments. As I took down each one, I had to make sure I had a photo of it before I put it away, and then sorted each picture into folders by year of when we got the ornament (2006 and before were lumped together because I'm not -that- crazy...). So, 5 hours later, here I am, ornaments all off of the tree and their pictures sorted.
I told you I was crazy.
Good news is that next year I only have to take pictures of the new ones we get next year.

And that is why I didn't take down my Christmas tree until January 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...