Thursday, June 10, 2010

Spring has SPRUNG!!! Well, it did almost 3 months ago...

Spring has finally arrived!!!
And with spring, glorious spring, comes EASTER!

It has been a family tradition in the Cliffe family to have a bunny trail.  That is, to have a trail of candy running from your bed to your Easter basket. So, this is Brandon's prize after following the bunny trail.






And My Easter basket.

My butt hurts.
What?
I do love that joke.

We started our garden inside this spring just like we did last year.
All of our seedlings died.
We then bought plants at Lowes.
:)







Strawberry plants from last year.  I was SO glad they didn't die.







Tink
Pita and Lolita enjoying the outdoors.
Lolita

So, this spring, we got the 3 of our 4 cats who were not fixed, fixed.  Pita was first (since she was in heat for 4 months and Brandon and I thought we were going to go insane), then Tink & Lolita went at the same time.  Lolita did beautifully, just like Pita, but Tink...Tink is apparently a licker.  So, a week of licking her tummy led to her spending the next week like this:
It was so sad and hilarious to see her try and do things. At first she would only walk with her head faced towards the floor, then she would constantly walk into walls because she couldn't see them or didn't realize that they were close enough to knock her cone.  Hahaha. Sorry, Tink, I shouldn't laugh.
So, do you know what WASN'T funny? Giving her her antibiotics. Nope. That was NOT funny. Or fun.
But I'm glad it's over and now we have 4 cats who will never add to the Entsminger cat population!  But that black cat that's been coming around seems friendly....   just kidding!

I think Spring is my favorite time of year.  There's just something about coming out of the long, cold winter and seeing things sprout and bud and bloom that is simply lovely.  Brandon and I have had a garden ever since we've been together.  We both love planting (or rather, Brandon tilling and Anne planting) things and watching them grow, and as spring turns into summer, we enjoy eating our home grown vegetables. It's a glorious thing to be able to walk out your back door and pick fresh basil, warm tomatoes and peppers, walk back inside, put them all together and enjoy the magic of your hard work.  I haven't taken as many pictures of our garden this spring as I did last year.  Probably because it's not as new to me.  "Cool, a tomato plant.  Looks just like the one last year!" hahaha.  Right now we just have a garden that spans the back side of our small house, and I can't wait to get into a bigger yard and to be able to spread out. Maybe add a few chickens.  :)

I was going to add some pretty spring flower pictures. Flowers and trees that I will have in my yard one day!  But Blogger photo loader and I are not friends.

1 comment:

  1. I loved when Tink would run to the bed and try and go under it too fast and her momentum would knock her down. HAHAHAHAHA, SO FUNNY. And Yes Chickens YEs YES YES YES CHICKENS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...