Thursday, June 18, 2009

First Anniversary!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have made it a whole year! I'm a little surprised we didn't kill each other in the process, but miracles happen. Brandon decided to surprise me with what we were doing and I didn't "officially" know our whole plan until we got there.

We started off at Tastee Freeze! Yum yum yum.
And as we were driving to our next destination, we stopped at a pull off spot in-between Augusta and Highland counties (both beautiful places, by-the-way).

Soooo pretty!
I'm going to miss the mountains whenever we move away.

Anyway, we did a little exploring at this point. Apparently it was the spot of Ford Johnson and the Confederate Breastworks making place...
I did a tiny bit of rule breaking...

After that we got back on the road and saw a few weird things...

what a strange place for a phone booth!
And a few beautiful things...
And we found this Bed & Breakfast in Hidden Valley!!! It's actually called Hidden Valley Bed & Breakfast near Hot Springs, VA in Bath County.
It was built in the 1860s
And they had their own functioning garden!
Beautiful views...
Chickens...
Lots of cats...
A natural spring and a curing house. It actually had meat hanging in it. We think it was ham.
And a big gate (not in operation) for carriages!
So so so so pretty. Loved it. Brandon and I want to own an Inn one day, so it was good inspiration for the future. Loved it!

Then we went to dinner at Sam Snead's Tavern

Brandon used to work here and it was great to see old friends and eat DELICIOUS food!!! The Homestead Resort never lets us down in regards to food. mmmm

So that was pretty much it! We had a great time!

Shutterfly Pictures:



















4 comments:

  1. Did I miss something? After "We started off..." there was nothing else. Anyways, congrats. That first year is pretty crazy and difficult, but well worth it! I can't say it gets easier, especially with kids in the picture, but somehow life seems better and better together each year despite all the craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I've read the rest. What a great anniversary! Jason and I went to the temple for our anniversary and stayed in a hotel near D.C. Although I was six months pregnant at the time and still really sick so... We still had fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I posted it to remind myself what other text colors looked good and could be seen on this background! Haha, sorry! I didn't expect you to read it so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandon! We just found your blog! Congrats on getting married, we are so happy for you.
    Cam and Heather

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...