Thursday, November 13, 2008

Blog Number One

From our Sampa site blog (site has now closed down...I needed to find a new home for my blogs!)

You know, I can't remember the last time I blogged... It has to have been over three years ago. But here I am. Blogging again. Ha.

Anyway, most of you were either at the wedding or knew that Brandon and I got married in June. Yay!

581164-R1-09-9A_010

Life has been...interesting since then. We went on our honeymoon to Surfside, SC and it was great. It was nice to just relax after the experience of trying to pull off a wedding with my incredibly incapable skills. I hope to never, ever get married again, haha. The next week we went on family vacation with my family in Atlantic Beach, NC. Yeah, in retrospect, that wasn't such a great idea. Week two of being married shouldn't be spent on a pull out couch in the living room with your parents, brother and nearly 2 year old niece in the other rooms. Yeah, I'm just glad that I never have to live through THAT again. Year one plus one week of being married will hopefully be different.

ANYWAY!

So, we came back to Buena Vista to live in my house

...which had two other girls in it. *sigh* Poor Brandon. My landlord wouldn't let me out of my lease, so it was either live there or pay two rents. So, that's how we spent the first two months of being married. In a house with two other girls, a property manager who walked in the house unannounced, and a total of 9 cats.

6 Kittens...Summer '08

Yeah. I was alright, but poor Brandon. Finally, at the end of August, the lease was up, we moved out, cut it down to 3 cats (all 3 of which we liked), and moved into our own home.

And life finally began for us. And we like it. Most of the time. :)

So, school started again for me, my second to last semester!!! And Brandon started working at the Ford place in town, well, he started working there soon after we got back from NC, so I guess he just continued to work there. Then I got my job at the Admissions office at SVU. I love it, I spend 12 hours a week calling people trying to get them to come to the school that I love. It cuts into homework time, but it's not for forever. I think what bums me out the most is that there are books that we're reading for this semester that I really want to read but there just never seems to be enough time. You know, the free time that I'm not spending to starting up a family website, ha.

So that's how life was, week after week, until Brandon's boss decided to stand there and cuss at him for 20 minutes for no good reason, so he quit. I don't blame him, I wouldn't have put up with it either. Fortunately, he had already been planning to leave Rockbridge Ford, so he had started another job at a local radio station selling ads, so he had something to fall back on. And there we are. The past four, nearly five months in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...